Url Suffix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Url Suffix

Url Suffix Support

2 posters

Latest version toggles browser.urlbar.autoFill to FALSE

notabug

Latest version toggles browser.urlbar.autoFill to FALSE Empty Latest version toggles browser.urlbar.autoFill to FALSE

Post  notabug Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Latest version as of today toggles browser.urlbar.autoFill to FALSE. Took me a while to figure out it was this extension.
    Iccarus
    Admin

Latest version toggles browser.urlbar.autoFill to FALSE Empty Re: Latest version toggles browser.urlbar.autoFill to FALSE

Post  Iccarus Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Hmm yes, indeed it does.

Iccarus wrote:Hi,

Indeed disabling the autofill is indeed something that was added in 0.7.0 since it took precedence over the ctrl-enter combo.

Causing the addon to not work as it used to any more.
    Because for example if I had ctrl-enter set to www. and .com
    And then I typed in google it would autofill to google.co.uk and then when I hit ctrl-enter it would have co.uk and therefore not complete it with www. and .com

But I can also understand that when not using the completion you might want autofill to work.

Perhaps I can add a checkbox to the options to disable autofill or leave it enabled.

Or possibly even find a way around it and only use the typed data for the url suffix completion (if that is even possible).
    I'll need to set some time apart to look into that though.

Still not really had much time to look into it, but basically without disabeling autofill at the moment the whole prefix suffix thing doesn't really work for anything that is autofilled.
    So I could stop disabling it of course, but then the whole addon would be inconsistent as to when it works and when it doesn't, unless people disable autofill themselves...

Not sure what the best course of action would be.
    But I agree and would rather not touch the autofill setting at all, since its not really related to this addon in any other way.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am